[Home] | [Forums]

Monday, May 14, 2007

Julio Traded for Kim

Proof there is a God, and He's a Marlin fan

On Sunday, the Marlins somehow convinced the Rockies that Jorge Julio was more valuable than Byung Hyun Kim. Kim has been injured all season; Julio would have been better off on the DL.

Now, Julio will take his 12.54 ERA to Colorado where he figures to turn things around. "I'm fine. I stayed in focus all the time," said Julio. "I know this game. I know baseball here. It's work, and this is my job. Wherever I go, I want to do my job."

Good luck with that, Julio. And now the Marlins will turn to another arm they have long been interested in, Kim.

His versatility figures to help the Marlins and make an immediate impact. The plan is to use him as a starter to solidify the beaten-up rotation. When Josh Johnson comes back, Kim could slide into the bullpen, but the Marlins caution they do not envision him as a closer. (Good thing because Kim doesn't have much success in the clutch moments as a closer - as we all know.)

This is a good move for the Marlins simply because they trade Julio's contract for Kim's, which is basically the same contract (both getting $2.5M and are free agents at season's end). And anything would be better than Julio.

Further Reading:
Joe Frisaro of MLB.com

0 Comments:

© Blogger Templates | Webtalks