[Home] | [Forums]

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Cabrera Explains His Absence

And so the drama continues...

It seems that the Marlins front office, more specifically David Samson, was trying to smear Miguel Cabrera. In a statement, trying to preserve his image to the fans, he stated, "I'd already [set aside] that date for an appointment related to my father's health. The Marlins informed me just a week before the festival and I couldn't cancel my meeting, and that's what I told my agents."

Whether or not the Marlins front office had prior knowledge of this remains to be seen, but there isn't any reason for Miguel or his people to lie about this.

Still, with arbitration set for tomorrow, Cabrera does not seem to be taking this badly. "My absence had nothing to do with the pending arbitration, because neither the Marlins nor me believe in the process. It's purely a business issue and I understand it perfectly," he said.

He seems to be geniunely concerned with his image, "I'm not mad with the administration, although I'm a little worried that Miami fans could now have a distorted image of myself. I'm committed to doing the best for the team."

Whatever disappointment fans or even Beinfest and Samson could have felt, they should definetly feel better about the things Cabrera has said. Was there a smear attempt in place? It's probable, and if that is the case it is exhibit Z as to why Samson needs to be fired. Miguel Cabrera, whether the brass likes it or not, is the future of this franchise. If anyone crosses him, they need to be dealt with - seriously. This kid is the best young prospect in baseball and is putting up yearly MVP numbers. It is in the Marlins best interest to keep him happy and in Miami for as long as they can.

0 Comments:

© Blogger Templates | Webtalks